Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lipese Lifestyle Challenge

First, I need to say that because of the magic of the Internet and of, yes, Facebook, I met many wonderful ladies suffering from Lipoedema from all over the world!

We have support groups on Facebook, some of these women have websites, blogs and we are building up a strong community!

On the Lipese website...the idea came of starting a Lifestyle Challenge, which is all about making some changes in our eating habits, exercising, experimenting with supplements, treatments, etc...that can be resumed in 3 words: MANAGING OUR LIPOEDEMA.

My own personal changes started in November 2012, when I decided to go wheat and sugar free. Thought I would go nuts and end up like "Grumpy" but hey, was I in for a surprise!! I lost 10 pounds in a month!! Of course I had withdrawal symptoms: diarrhea, headaches, abdominal cramps but I persisted and now if I have something sweet I go "NAH!...this is WAY too sweet". Never thought I would pronounce this words in my sweet teeth's life!

My January challenge was to give up all grains!! At this point, in time, I no LONGER have bowel issues, no more loose stools, no more massive abdominal cramps. I had all of these even before giving of wheat!

I exercise 3 times a week too. And jog on my mini-trampoline. So far, this month, I have lost another 4 pounds. My non-lipedemic fat is melting!!

I also go to me MLD treatment once a week and do regular SLD! 

I'm really proud of myself! Never thought I would have the determination to do all of this.

http://www.lipese.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment